Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Meal Plans

So on the Bernstein Diet you get to make up your own meal plans with regular grocery store foods. As it is my goal to make this as healthy as possible and also as tasty as possible I had a good long look at the foods I could and couldn't eat. I plan to eat as Organically and Nutritiously as possible, which will be easy as that is what this diet forces you to do. On this diet you weigh your food in grams or ounces, and are allowed 2 servings of each food group, protein, vegetable, fruit and bread.

Here is my first meal plans for weds, thurs, and fri:

Breakfast: 6 egg white scramble with green onion and spinach, + 1/4 cantaloupe.
This = 1Protein, 1Fruit and 1/4 Vegetable.

Lunch: Salad with Red and Orange peppers, cucumber, onions, mushrooms and flax seeds. With a dill dressings and 2 Kavli crackers.
This = 1 Veg (230g), 2 Bread, 1 Extra (1 tbs flax seeds)

Dinner: Baked or BBQ White Fish and roasted Asparagus, with one Asian Pear.
This = 1 Protein (100g), 3/4Veg, 1 Fruit.

I don't know about you but this looks tasty to me and if I can keep eating like this I won't mind at all.

Weds is my first meeting with the Berstein Doc and my first day on the diet, I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment