Monday, January 10, 2011

Ok so it's getting easier.

Today I had my first work day, over 8 hours on my feet. I was worried that I was going to crash hard, so instead of having my protein for dinner I decided to have it for lunch. And wow what a difference. Tonight I feel normal. Normal! Soo good, I hope I can keep this up because this is much better. Here's my magic recipe for energy on this diet:

Breakfast: 2/3 protein, 1 fruit

Lunch: 2/3 Veg, 1 Protein

Snack: Celery Sticks

Dinner: 1/3 protein, 1 Veg, 2 Grains.

Dessert: 1 Fruit

This seems to have gotten me on track, having a protein at lunch makes the difference and keeping just a little for dinner is all that's needed. It makes sense you are using what little calories you are getting during the day better to make sure you have energy then to save it and end up crashing out.


-Went to the clinic today and the nurse said all is looking good. I am burning well and my diet looks great. Currently I've lost about 5 pounds since weds, crazy! Had a big talk to her about uric acid. Turns out going into ketosis can produce uric acid in your system. Not something you want to get as it can lead to gout, no thank you! So I ask and did some research and this is what I've figured out. Uric acid takes some time to build up in your body, it doesn't happen overnight. As much as I hate the idea of ever having to take meds they will give you some if you develop uric acid to alkalize your system, so crystals don't form and you don't develop gout. They test your blood regularly so you always know how you are doing. All of this although a bit scary had made me feel at ease. They say it takes about 3 months to develop uric acid and as I am only planning on staying on this diet for 3-4 months I am not going to freak out about it, I'm just going to stay mindful.

Onwards and Upwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment