Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Melba Toast

Just thought I would share my resent experience with melba toast. I know it sounds funny but a couple days ago I was looking through the Dr.B recipe book and came across this onion ring recipe. As I was feeling a bit bored with food I decided to give them a whirl so I went to the store and picked up some melba toast and an onion. I hadn't eaten a melba in years but as they were in the recipe I crushed up 2 crackers and made the onion rings (which were alright). Later that day I had a snack of one melba toast and that was that. The next day about mid afternoon all I could think about was melba toast, melba toast, melba toast... I knew something was wrong, that's when I looked at the box more carefully and saw that they contained sugar! As I have been basically sugar free other then fruit since I started the diet my body went crazy with that slight amount of extra sugar! Needless to say I am throwing out the Melba toast as I think they are evil crackers and the last thing I want to do is start craving foods I have cut out of my diet. That would only lead to disaster. Kavli crackers and mountian wraps are what I'm sticking to from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment