Friday, January 7, 2011

My body is in shock

*Morning- So this has been the worst day so far. I had to fast to get a slue of blood work done this morning so I just had my breakfast. Not to sure if it was that I didn't eat for so long but I have been emotional, very emotional. My urine was also darker then I feel is healthy so I feel that my electrolites are leaving my body. I'm going into the clinic today and plan to ask them what can be done so I don't feel this way.

I understand that my body may just be in shock as it's not use to having so little and if that is the case this should pass but I want to make sure it's not happening because of something else.

*Afternoon- So I went to the clinic for my b-vitamin shots (which sting!) and talked to them about how I was feeling. This is the break down of what is happening in my body and I do feel better now post lunch.

I was drinking too much water around 4-5 liters of liquids a day the nurse says that you can only drink 3 liters and if I feel thirsty (because you do feel thirsty! They say that goes away as it only happens in the beginning) that I can have a fishermans friend or chew some sugarfree gum. I'll try it...

I was also told that taking the potassium makes your urine darker and the nurse tested my urine for anything harmful and there was none so yeah. This made me feel very relieved.

They told me that when you are in Ketosis that your body releases more estrogen which would help to explain why I was an emotional wreak this morning. The doc said that it is harder on women then on men because of this.

I think what I also have to come to terms with is that I need to eat my meals at the right times as having to fast this morning and not eating breaky until 11:30am added to my emotional state and as I was low blood sugar made me weak and tired. They told me that it's better to have protein with each meal as the protein will calm my body and keep me energized longer.

I have to say that at this point I can't imagine working out, but they say that you can/should work out no more than 3 times a week and that on those days you can have an extra protein.

I feel much better after going in this afternoon, the staff there are growing on me they were great today. wow the first few days are though, lots to adjust to. Funny enough this is harder then fasting... They told me that this is just the first few days and that it gets easier. I sure hope so because I can't imagine doing this for 4 months if everyday was like today!

I am looking forward to doing some pilates and yoga, maybe I'll do a restorative class tomorrow:)

No comments:

Post a Comment