Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Impressions

Well I had my first check in and doc visit today at the clinic. What do I think... A lot of people have talked about how great the nurses are how they are so friendly and helpful.... I can't say they are unfriendly but I can't really say that they are friendly either. Now it may be that I am new to this program but both clinics I went to had some surly staff that did not seem to have a sense of humor. I will have to give this time maybe they will grow on me.

The doctor they employ is a character. Kind of a funny guy but he's obviously been doing this for awhile and has his shtick that he sticks to. I was amazed at how quickly he spoke and and I was also amazed that aside from giving me the nitty gritty of when I can expect to meet my goal ie: 125pounds by May 15thish, and that I can expect when following the diet to the letter to burn around 3000 calories a day (crazy!) they haven't really asked me anything about myself. I guess the health info they get you to fill out before you go is really just a formality or maybe as I don't really have any health issues other then Hypothyroidism they didn't feel the need to get into things.

All i'm saying is there is no hand holding at this clinic you are there to lose weight and that's that. I am just happy I did a lot of research before starting this diet as I feel more confident in what I'm doing then if I just walked in without any understanding.

My lunch salad and 4 kavli crackers with 95% fat free cream cheese was good. I am now having some tea. Dinner will happen in an hour or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment