Saturday, January 15, 2011

Quitting food is like quitting cigarettes.

I thought yesterday that getting over food is like quitting smoking. Years ago when I was quitting cigarettes I was hiding in the kitchen when no one was around and huddling over the ashtray trying to smoke the tail end of a cigarette. As I was crouched having those last few puffs I realized who was I hiding from? I was the only one that mattered... If I was going to quit then I had to own up to myself and quit it was the only way I would ever get over that addiction. From that point on I never looked back and have been smoke free for 11 years. Food addictions are the same thing. We hide and "cheat" but were only cheating ourselves. It's a hard road but I know I can do it, I can beat this addiction and once I'm free I'll never have to look back:)

No comments:

Post a Comment