Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 12

So things are continuing on well. So far I've lost 9.2 pounds in just under 2 weeks, weds is the 2 week check in so it will be interesting to see if I have lost any inches. Feeling pretty proud of myself so far. I went to a potluck this weekend and as I ate before I went I stayed strong and didn't eat a thing even though we were all sitting around a table ladened with food. It felt really good to be so strong but I would bring some celery sticks with me next time;)


I feel like I am getting a much better handle on what foods I should and shouldn't eat to maintain a slim figure. I feel it really comes down to carbs. Carbs, carbs, carbs and of course sugar but really aren't they one and the same. I know we've heard it a million times a whole food diet is the best diet for our bodies but in truth it is. But we really do not need as many carbs and starches as we think we need, unless of course you are running marathons or exercising for hours a day. When I was on a whole foods diet back in the day I always felt that something wasn't quite right. Looking back I see that I ate much to much rice, this time when I finish the Bernstein diet and go back to eating whole foods I am going to be eating a lot less carbs. Here's to finding balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment