Thursday, December 30, 2010

Consultation today

Well today I had my consultation with the Bernstein Nurses. I had to get over the fact that I can't eat hemp seeds or drink almond milk, but you know what it's only going to be about 4 months out of my life so I can do it. The first 2 weeks are going to be rough though...

I'm starting on Jan.5th
Basically the diet is a low calorie diet, but instead of counting calories you weigh everything out. I get to eat 2 servings of fruit, 2 servings of vegetables, 2 servings of protein and 2 servings of "breads" really crackers a day and lots and lots of water! No root vegetables, no rice/grains, no sugars other than fruits, and low fats. That's the basics and I will get into what the program is as I get into it. Really I don't think it will be to bad after the first couple of weeks and I am going to update as I go along with recipes of my creations.

Down to the nitty gritty my weigh in. It seems I have shrunk and am now only 5"3.5 instead of 5"4.5 which I have to say can't be right how can one shrink!? Anyway here are the stats:

5"3.5
202 pounds
43 inch waist
46 inch hips
34.7 BMI
43% Body fat

My goal with this diet is to drop between 40-64 pounds in 4 months, I could lose as much as 80 pounds but I think that is a bit high so I am guessing more moderately. My goal weight is 115-125 pounds although I am really more concerned with my BF% and would love to see it around the 20-22% area. I may not make it to my goal weight in the 4 month period as I am looking to lose around 80 pounds which feels like a BIG number to me right now. So I plan to go back to my old pre-accident habits when I ate a whole foods diet. I feel that if I can get off the initial weight that I can take off the last 20 pounds with good lifestyle changes. As this is really what this is all about for me, going back to a simpler and healthier whole foods diet. My other goal is to firm up using yoga, pilates and spin classes, and then getting involved in more hiking this spring/summer.

My last week before the diet starts!

No comments:

Post a Comment