Saturday, February 5, 2011

Still Burning

Well I guess that that little bit of sugar wasn't a big deal as I am still burning at +2 today. Not that I am going to let my guard down around sugars as I know that my body can't handle processed sugars well. Years ago when I was on a whole foods, sugar free diet I went traveling to Morocco. While I was there I ordered one of their famous mint teas, I had a gulp and of course there was sugar lots of sugar. They use those cubes of white sugar (like 3 of them) with crushed mint leaves to make the tea. Now after I drank a bit of this my tongue actually swelled! After a year of no sugar other then fruits my body freaked out and of course all I craved afterwards was that super sugary tea! So I know once I get off of processed sugars I just can't go back to it, it's to intense. And really there are soo many more nutritious and delicious natural sugars like dates, dried fruits generally (although those are not good for your teeth, like candy) and even honey and maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment