Thursday, February 24, 2011

Salt and Weight

So I guess I have been eating to much salt. I went to the clinic yesterday for my weigh in and I am up a pound but I am burning +1 for keytones so I was like ?? The nurse told me that even if you are 100% strict and burning good keytones you can stall if you have to much salt. Now when I say salt I don't just mean the table variety but sodium that sneaky stuff that gets into foods, like the yves products. As I am basically a vegetarian I do eat some fish I have been eating more yves products then the 2 allowed per week. But I never thought of the sodium in these foods so I have been overdoing it. Crazy who knew 1-2 veggie dogs a day was overkill... Anyway it is so they are out at least until next week. I'm back to eggs and prawns for the next while. Not really so bad;)

I am not too sure of what happens in the body but my understanding is that when we eat to much salt the body holds water and when it holds water it holds fat as well... I got a bit scared thinking well then what am I burning but the nurse told me that I was not burning muscle so I am going to have to believe her. I don't want any of that. So I will do whatever I can to burn the fat away!

No comments:

Post a Comment