Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Calcium and B6/B12

Aargh.

Why has it gotten hard now? The funny thing is I'm not craving foods at all, but I am thinking of stopping this sooner then later. I was just reading up on Calcium and the Dr.B diet and I found some interesting info which may explain why I'm tired, cranky, and now am having pains in my chest and head. Here's the quote I found from www.acu-cell.com :


In addition to their proprietary weight-reducing programs, some weight loss clinics also provide clients with Vitamin B12 and/or Vitamin B6 injections. Extra Vit B12 frequently improves energy, well-being, and supports thyroid functions, however some individuals already exhibit above-normal Vit B12 levels, and of those, a small percentage experiences panic anxiety-like symptoms following a B12 shot, or a
worsening of Mitral Valve Prolapse (MVP) symptoms (which are rarely attributed to B12 injections), so this should be kept in mind if those symptoms are experienced.


Vitamin B6 can help with weight loss through a stimulating effect on the thyroid, which - by boosting the right cardiac output - reduces water retention, hence the diuretic attributes. In those with a disposition for hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), higher doses of Vitamin B6 and higher doses of Vitamin C are not advisable since they can trigger erratic blood sugar changes and depressive mood swings.

Higher doses of Vitamin B6 will also result in a high magnesium / low calcium ratio, so if not matched to a patient's requirements (which can happen when Vitamin B6 + Vitamin B12 injections are regularly given at weight loss clinics), a severe calcium deficiency develops. This by itself - or when aggravated by an overstimulated thyroid from the regular Vitamin B6 / B12 shots - can result in insomnia, anxieties, mood swings, chest pains, depression, joint pains, muscle cramps, or other symptoms.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Van! Thank you for the very informative post. I remember what my mom told me when I was a kid, “Too much of anything is harmful.” So, I suggest to everyone to secure Vitamin B the natural way. The daily requirement for these vitamins can be taken from natural food sources, such as green leafy vegetables, lean meats, organ meats and legumes. By the way, I am happy to hear you are getting fair results!
    -Maragaret Schmitz

    ReplyDelete