Sunday, April 17, 2011

Getting off of the Bernstein Diet

Well here I am what 3ish weeks off of the diet. I felt great for the first week or so and then well I felt pretty horrible. When I ended my time at the clinic the nurse had told me that if I started eating other foods off of the maintence sheet that I could stop taking potassium. So as I started eating potatoes and bananas I cut back on the potassium. I guess the combo of too low salt and too low potassium had me feeling like I was going to faint and that I wasn`t getting enough oxygen to my brain which in fact happens when your blood pressure drops. Anyway I went to the Doc and got a bunch of tests done, I should get the results next week. But I really feel that it was cutting the potassium and salt back so much. I have started taking potassium again and can tell you that I don`t feel like I`m going to faint anymore. Now I think it`s just going to be a balancing act until I can truly be off of the supplements and living the healthy life I want. I can`t tell you if going on that diet was worth it or not to me. In so many ways it gave me the tools and motivation I needed to stay on this path. But in so many other ways it is just plainly unhealthy. You have to be soo careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment