Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Super Smoothie!


So a couple years back we found this book called "thrive" by Brendan Brazier.


He is a vegan tri-athlete and the creator of vega. Anyway in this his first book he describes how to make your own whole foods Super Smoothie, a thing that is left out of his best seller "The thrive diet" I think because he came out with "vega" which is basically the same thing but I can tell you is no where as tasty as the homemade one. Anyway we love this recipe and have been having super smoothies for years. Of course while I was on the Bernstein Diet I could not have them so today actually as I write this I am having a delicious Super Smoothie for breaky!

2 tbs hemp seeds
1 ts gelatinized maca powder
1/2 ts Chlorella Powder
1 ts ground flax seeds
1/2 banana
3/4 cup blueberries (can use other fruit/berries)
1.25 cups unsweetened Almond Milk

Blend together and enjoy:)
This smoothie has all the minerals and vitamins you need along with great easy to digest protien and omega oils. Not to mention the Chlorella cleans heavy metals from your blood, like those found in seafoods. The Maca balances hormone and adrenal levels in the body. And it tasted like a milkshake! At least to me;)

This recipe is:

329 calories
39 carbs
15 grams fat (omega oils)
10 grams protein

No comments:

Post a Comment