Thursday, March 24, 2011

Still Losing

We'll it's been 4 days now since I officially stopped the Bernstein Diet and started my 1200 calorie diet. So far so good. The first day I had a carrot along with my regular foods. Day two I had 1/2 a banana and about 1/2 a cup of roasted acorn squash, yesterday was the same. And today I had 1 small potato, some shredded carrots and some dried mango slices (sugar free). So far I am still burning keytones and my weight seems to be going down so I'm happy. It was kind of anti-climatic when I left the clinic. I said that I really couldn't afford to continue on with the program and the nurse just shrugged and said well don't go back to eating what you were eating before then she gave me a sheet with instructions for temporary maintence. I guess when you are not near your goal weight you can't go on maintence which gives you one b vitamin shot a week instead of 3 and instructions on how to get off of the diet. For me I got a sheet that basically looked like the strict diet with the add on of unlimited veggies and being allowed squash, avacado, peas and plain fat free yogurt. She also said that as long as you are not eating other foods to stay on the potassium twice a day. I have been adding in other foods not on the list and have been cutting back my potassium but I am still taking it. I am also taking some whole food vitamins. 1 daily multi, 1 B complex, and my 2 fish omega pills. I think that it is important for me not to go to quickly into other foods and that my body is so use to soo many vitamins it would be dumb to stop taking them. I do not want my body going into shock coming off of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment