Friday, June 24, 2011

Post Bernstein Diet and Hair Loss

Well it's been about what 2.5-3 months since I stopped the Bernstein diet and although I tried to stay on top of taking omega oils the hair loss has started. They say on the forums that if you take omega oils you won't get the hair loss as it's the low oils that weaken the scalp. Maybe I just wasn't taking enough... Now I have always been the person with a TON of hair. I've always called it a weed as it just grew like crazy. Well for this last month I've been shedding, a lot. It hasn't gotten to the point of seeing bald patches thank god, but it is much much thinner.

I found this quote on what's going on from the http://www.drbforums.com "Hair loss is common with low carb dieting such as Dr. B. The reason is because of the shock to your body. Your hair has 3 stages: growth, resting and shedding. Usually you have hair in each stage at the same time. The shock of dieting puts most of your hair into a resting stage while your body adjusts to the changes it is going through. Once you're back to normal, your hair goes back to normal. After resting comes shedding. Ta da! Lots of hair falling out. But it WILL stop and it DOES grow back. The dermatologist told me 2-6 months of shedding is normal."

Just another side effect of doing that diet... Hopefully I won't lose too much more hair and hey maybe if it gets hot this summer I will enjoy having the lighter hair...

2 comments: