Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My summer of indulgence

Well I had good intentions. Don't we all. But this summer I fell off the weight loss wagon and indulged. I think I was too embarrassed to blog about it, I had let myself go. It all started with a trip to Burning Man this summer. Burning Man is a wild and crazy place! Love it just love it. You see the most unbelievable things there and you have to survive in an extreme environment. By extreme I mean a high altitude (coming from sea level this was hard on me) high heat and dust. Oh the dust, it's actually drywall silt if you can imagine. And it finds it's way into everything, not to mention the dust storms.

So with all of this you end up eating whatever you want and I ate. Salt, Sugar, Spice reined surpreme and I ate tons. You would never know just how good those things are until you are in that kind of environment. So I indulged, cookies, chips, snowcones you name it! The only issue is it didn't stop there. After I got home my old eating patterns kicked in and it wasn't to long until I was having a muffin a day and grabbing for those cinnamon buns. Soon enough I had put on weight and was back up to 160 pounds... My face was round again, clothes were feeling tight, it was awful.

So after a work trip to Nevada a few weeks ago I knew I had to make some changes. I knew it was time to stop these bad habits before it got really out of hand. I wasn't going to go back on the Bernstein diet. It does work but I feel the cost is too high. It shouldn't be so traumatizing to lose weight. Having to have shots 3 times a week and having to take soo many suppliments becuase your body's in shock. No thank you not again.

Years ago I use to juice and this is where I went. I will fill in what I'm doing now in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment