Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Juicing, Raw Food and Cooked. And Allergies.

So for the last 3 weeks I have been eating/drinking very clean foods. Juicing 2-3 times a day and having a smoothie for lunch. My energy is great, I am craving raw food like no other and I am down 10 pounds... Not so bad;)

So about a week ago I started having some soup for my dinner instead of a juice. It was a nice change as one side effect of raw food/juicing is that your core temperature drops making it much harder in the winter months. Just so cold... Anyway, I had a few different events going on this week and one of them was my anniversary. My partner and I celebrated our 7th year together with a night out to a show and dinner. We decided to try this Tunisian/French restaurant and I ordered the couscous with fish. It was not good. The fish was fishy, yuk. So I ate around the fish as the couscous was good and we had some wine. Well the next morning I woke up and my hands were covered in hives! I know that I have been eating super clean food but I must say that it was eye opening. I have to be careful what I put into my body these days. My body is changing. I really just want to eat clean raw foods but you know it's nice to go out and have whatever sometimes to.... I guess I just have to be choosy now. That meal was 4 days ago and yes I still have the hives. They are almost gone now, as I have been juicing lots of parsley and celery juice. Both Celery and Parsley naturally help with histamines in the body. And I will say that I notice a difference after I drink them.

Here is my anti-histamine juice recipe:

2 apples
4 stalks celery
1/2 bunch of parsley
1 lemon




hmmmm I just LOVE this juice, it's super refreshing and full of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes:)

No comments:

Post a Comment